Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Blues...................................

I don't know if I over did it, or I am coming down with the crud.. I guess in the next day or two I will find out! The odds aren't looking great at this point, considering both kids are home with sore throats. Plus the fact that I had to take Cody to the doctor's yesterday. He has been running a fever and as I said his throat is sore... Not a good way to start the week....

So, now for the weekend! My buddy Charles sold his bike the other day and has his eye on a Cannondale just like mine, well sorta he wants the carbon version. When he found out I had one now, he asked if he could ride it. Of course I said yes! You see I still ain't sure if I like this bike yet. All I have heard is that 29er's are faster and blah,blah,blah! So I have been wondering if it's just me!

So I welcomed the chance to let someone else ride it, especially someone who has been riding 29er's for a while now! Plus the fact that he is faster than I am! Guess what, he wasn't sure about it either. I rode my 26in Specialized Epic full squish. I haven't ridin this bike in over a month and it felt smaller right outta gate. Besides that it felt like I had 2 flat tires, because of the full squish!

Those things aside I was smokin! For awhile there it was all Charles could do to keep up with me! Then I flamed out! My back hurts on the smaller bike and it didn't take long before it was doing it's thing! So I let Charles have the point and I still stayed right on his ass!

So what does that tell me! I am beginning to think it might be the bike! Charles feels he can get up to speed on it, but it will take a little while to adjust. He loved the Lefty front fork, but not so sure about the wheel base. Said it felt shorter to him and that might be what he would have to get used to...

With all that said, I went by myself Sunday afternoon and rode for 3 hours! The plan was to ride for 4 hours but I managed to rip the rear derailleur off! So now it's back to the bike shop! Yes, I rode the 29er. I was riding with the intentions of hours not speed and had a good pace going even though I was there for the afternoon. Not just one lap.........

So if I don't get the crud, I will be out tomorrow night for a long late night ride..... On the 26....

Anybody want to buy a bike..........LOL.....

No comments:

Post a Comment