Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Weather.............

OK we had a great weather weekend, it was a nice change. Now let's get back to sunny and hot! Yesterday I saw the sun come out for a total of about 10 minutes. When it made it's brief appearance I found myself standing outside looking straight up in the sky soaking up the warmth. I do not look forward to winter at all.

Saturday I got ready and went out for a road ride. Of course it being the first "fall ride" I over dressed. I was sweating like a fat man in a sauna. Every year I do the same thing and every year I say "man I don't want to do that again". But the next year comes around and I do it again! I put on the wool socks and got out the wind stopper coat. Long sleeve of course, what else would you do if you wanted to stay warm. I have to remember not to do that again.....

I go through this little valley all the time when I ride. It is like a path to get to where I like to ride. From my house I travel about 8 miles before I feel like I am starting my ride, same on the way home. When I get to a certain intersection I feel like I am almost home, although I still have 8 miles to go. Anyhow I always say I need to take a picture of this valley, then ride right through and never stop! This time I stopped and got the shot.

right side of road

left side of road

the road....
Sunday rolled around and I dressed a lot better and had a good ride followed up with some good beer and a football game. Maybe to much beer but never enough football!

Next I think it's time to start riding to work, I don't know why now is the time, but it is. I woke up yesterday and it just hit me. As you can see from the weather forecast it will be a good week for it. I even woke up early enough to see what was going on at 6am this morning. Guess what, not much, it is still dark, pitch dark! For me to make it I need to leave at 6 and that gives me 2 hours for the ride and clean up before I start work. I live 18 miles away and I like to take my time. Tonight I need to get all my lights ready and then I can ride home after work. Stay tuned for the comuter cronicles.........  

No comments:

Post a Comment