Friday, September 2, 2011

I Love Friday....................

OK I missed yesterdays post, we were kinda busy here at work and I didn't get to it last night. I have been fighting a pulled muscle in my back for the last week and by the time I get home I haven't felt like doing much of anything. I have a doctors appointment today (Friday), if you know me you know I must be in pain if I am going to see a doctor. This will be my 3rd trip to the doctor in the last 6 years. I can take pain and I ain't going for a runny nose. I know people my age who go for any slight sniffle, I haven't figured that out yet. I think it has something to do with all the TV commercials people believe they are supposed to go to the doctor every other week.

Hell I even waited so long to see a doctor one time because of a broken leg that when I finally went the doctor just laughed. Said there was nothing he could do for it at that time. It had already started healing and was doing fine.

OK, enough of my bitching about my back. If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time you will remember when Karen and I went to the Outer Banks back in May. When we camped right on the beach for 5 days and had great time. Well as everyone is aware we had the hurricane last week. Well it made a mess out of my spot that for sure. I have tried to call the ferry service that we use and still can't get through. They have no power and no phones. I hope they did OK but I know they got beat up pretty bad. I hate that to they are really nice people. A friend of a friend flew out there the other day and sent me these pictures.

used  to be a solid island here new opening

see the campers that where left on island not good ideal


at back of photo is landing where ferry lets us off, water came over island here also

see how far back it pushed the dunes

see walkway it used to come over dunes water almost when over here
As you can see the water went all the way over the island in several spots and the island is still closed. The cabins used to be way behind the dunes and now they are exposed directly to the ocean. I know mother nature will heal it's self but it sure did some damage. We were going to go back this fall and I hope we still can... Right now it looks iffy....................

No comments:

Post a Comment