Thursday, February 10, 2011

Play Nice............

Play nice, sometimes it's hard to do. I try but I just can't help it. I can be very opinionated (a smart ass) and don't mind voicing my opinion. People who think they know it all are my favorite targets. As you have read in some of my previous posts, we have a local mtn bike club. I would like to join it, just to help with the cause. They have done so much for the mountain bike community in this area it really is crazy. I benefit just as much as they do, probably more than a lot of people who are already in the club. I can play by all the rules, even when I don't care for some of them. The only problem I seem to have is the Rain rule. Well actually I don't have a problem with the rule, it is simple enough to understand.

BUT the majority of the club members seem to think you should not ride unless there is dust in the air. They try to play trail cop and the whole nine yards. Just over the previous weekend, well after the 24 hours since we had rain. That is the rule they all want to enforce. One guy who got stuck walking his dog instead of riding saw a few riders riding the trails at a local park. He actually took pictures of them and posted them on the club web-site. Are you kidding me, what a wuss. Just because he felt it was still to wet to ride!! His wife must be the one who calls the shots in his house. He was just pissed because she wouldn't let him ride and made him walk the dog!!!

So anyhow they have been telling everybody to go ride the trails at other locations, trails the club does not maintain. Now am I the only one who feels this is rather ironic. Well me being me I pointed this out on the club forum, took about two minutes for someone to post back a reply telling me how wrong I am about this. I point out the obvious, at least to me and they go all self righteous. This is not the first time that a club member has felt they are the smartest. The other day one member had the nerve to tell one guy who just moved here that his friends up north don't know what they are talking about. His friends where telling him to suck it up and deal with the mud. I for one thought that was pretty brash!! Tell a man who just came into our community your friends are stupid..........

Play nice...Well that is my title today, and my own advice to myself. If this blog is good for anything it gives me an outlet to vent sometimes. I am going to try not to start anymore arguments with all the "trail police" who seem to think they are so much smarter than the rest of us. I am going to join the "club" and try to fit in. Although that is rather hard for me, I like to lead not follow. Maybe I will just watch from the outside, and send in my money. They are not going to change just because of me. The money will be put to good use, and that is something I will benefit from. The rain will stop, the ground will dry up and this will be over till next winter. So play nice........

Since I have voiced my opion and I feel better how about this picture. That is Tiger Woods new 50 million bachelor pad. Not to bad, located in Jupiter Island Florida. Yes it is a gated community.   

No comments:

Post a Comment